For the past 5 months, we’ve been working in the studio to take 9,000 square feet and turn it into a place where KSM Consulting can do their magic.
Design a space that could house half of their 100+ person team AND function as a centerpiece ideation and solution space where they can lead groups (their own clients and the community) through innovative transformations.
- How do we make the prime, floor-to-ceiling views onto Indianapolis’s iconic Monument Circle accessible to all users (and not simply monopolized by private offices)?
- How can we create an environment where a mix of both resident staff and nomadic staff each have optimal workspaces, ones they’d pick over their favorite “remote-working-coffeeshop”?
- How can the space flex to the needs of project-specific teams, which continually fluctuate in size and duration?
- How can we energize and inspire prospective recruits that will be visiting?
- How can their unique brand story be expressed?
Bottom line, it needed to be a showcase to the how & why they work.
When DELV first met with the KSMC leadership, there was a clear overlap in methodology of problem solving, from getting from here to there. Using design thinking methodology, we led them through our three-phased design process and we can’t wait to share the results.
The new center is now under construction and set to open mid-April 2018.
To receive the latest updates on this KSMC case study, subscribe here.
More about KSMC:
KSM Consulting is a management consulting firm with expertise in technology, cybersecurity, data, and project management. The firm is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, and serves public and private sector clients nationally. For more information, visit www.ksmconsulting.com